Unified Planning Work Program
The Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) describes transportation planning priorities and activities managed by the Miami-Dade TPO. The program includes specific tasks for the TPO and our planning partners that will be performed every two years. Our current UPWP is being carried out from July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2018, and outlines the planning, projects, budget, and activities that support the comprehensive and multimodal transportation improvement program approved for Miami-Dade County.
Activities in the UPWP are completed in cooperation with various participating Miami-Dade County Departments, regional agencies, the Florida Department of Transportation and planning partners. This work is guided by policies of the State of Florida and the Miami-Dade TPO Governing Board.
Guidance from the Federal transportation agencies that support the program is also used as a significant element in the definition of planning projects. The UPWP includes a description of the planning work and resulting products, which agencies will perform the work, time frames for completing the work, the cost of the work, and the source of funds.
Connecting SMART Ideas Program
Every two years the Miami-Dade TPO updates its UPWP and sets the work program through collaboration with transportation partners. Your ideas can potentially be included in future transportation planning studies to be included in the next UPWP. Submit your idea by March 2, 2018 below.
The Strategic Miami Area Rapid Transit (SMART) Plan intends to advance six rapid transit corridors, along with a network system of Bus Express Rapid Transit (BERT) service, in order to implement mass transit projects in Miami-Dade County. As part of this effort, we would like to hear your ideas to support the SMART including: transit improvements, bicycle, pedestrian, connections to improve your commute, self-driving vehicles and other projects to improve mobility, safety and access in our community.
TAKE SMART ACTION and submit your idea by the March 2, 2018 deadline through one of the following methods:
- Click this link to submit your idea;
- E-mail Paul.Chance@mdtpo.org. For ease of submittal, please use this pdf form;
- Mail your idea to Paul Chance at 111 NW 1st Street, Suite 920, Miami, FL 33128.
Municipalities please click here to submit your idea.
To learn more about the Unified Planning Work Program please contact Lisa Colmenares, AICP at (305) 375-1738 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unified Planning Work Program PlansSelect Report:
FY 2017 and 2018 UPWP Updates
- Revision 7: Amendment Task 4.1 2045 LRTP FY 2018 Section 5305(d) Addition of Funds, December 20, 2017
- Revision 6: Amendment Tasks 1.3 TPO Program Support, 5.2 Call for Ideas, 5.5 GPC and Deletion of Four Studies, October 10, 2017
- Revision 5: Modification Tasks 6.3 and 6.4, December 3, 2017
- Revision 4: Modification Task 2.1 Transportation/Land Use, January 23, 2017
- Revision 3: Modification Tasks 1.3 MPO Program Support and 6.3 SERPM Transfer of $83,333 to FDOT District IV, February 6, 2017
- Revision 2: Modification Task 5.15 SMART Plan Funds Reconciliation with Work Program, December 7, 2016
- Revision 1: Amendment Task 5.15 SMART Plan Funds Addition, November 28, 2016
FYs 2015 and 2016 UPWP Updates
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.