Transportation Planning Council
The Transportation Planning Council (TPC) is responsible for the overall technical adequacy of the Transportation Planning Organization’s planning program and advises the TPO Governing Board on the various proposed program actions. The TPC has ultimate responsibility for the technical adequacy of the various products that are transmitted to the TPO Governing Board for acceptance and adoption.
The TPC was created in 1978 by the TPO Governing Board to serve as their primary intergovernmental advisory body and to provide technical guidance with the support of its subcommittees.
The TPC relies on three standing committees concerned with major products of the transportation planning program. These committees are:
- Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) Steering Committee
- Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Development Committee
- Transportation Planning Technical Advisory Committee (TPTAC)
The committee usually meets the second Monday of each month, at 2 p.m. in the Stephen P. Clark Center, 111 NW 1ST Street, Conference Room 18-3.
Here are the dates for 2019:
- January 14
- February 11
- March 11
- April 8
- May 13
- June 10
- July 8
- Recess in August
- September 9
- October 21
- November 12 (Tuesday)
- December 9
Meeting dates above are subject to change. Click here to see current calendar.
The TPC is chaired by the TPO Executive Director and Council members are directors of county and municipal departments and agencies involved in the transportation planning process.
Agency - Member
- City of Hialeah - Jose Sanchez
- City of Homestead - Julio A. Brea
- City of Miami - Sandra Harris
- City of Miami Beach - Jose R. Gonzalez
- City of Miami Gardens - Tom Ruiz
- City of North Miami - Larry M. Spring, Jr.
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) - Harold Desdunes
- Miami-Dade Aviation Department - Lester Sola
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools (MDCPS) - Michelle M. Lopez
- Miami-Dade Expressway Authority (MDX) - Javier Rodriguez
- Miami-Dade League of Cities - vacant
- Miami-Dade Seaport Department - Juan Kuryla
- Miami-Dade Transportation and Public Works Department - Alice Bravo
- Miami-Dade Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) - Jesus Guerra, Chairperson
- Miami-Dade Regulatory and Economic Resources- Jack Osterholt
- Miami-Dade Water and Sewer - Kevin Lynskey
- South Florida Regional Transportation Authority (SFRTA) - Anthony J. Catalina
For additional information, please email Zainab Salim or call 305-375-4507.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.