The purpose of the Miami-Dade TPO’s social media presence is to educate and promote the activities of the agency.
Add your mobile phone number to get alerts on the latest SMART Plan events here.
Social Media Policy
The purpose of social media is to promote the activities of the Miami-Dade Transportation Planning Organization (TPO), a government entity that guides the transportation planning process in Miami-Dade County. The Miami-Dade TPO encourages citizens to share transportation information and to be a part of the transportation planning process by expressing transportation ideas via the TPO’s social media pages.
However, the Miami-Dade TPO does not endorse, support, or otherwise promote any private or commercial entity or the information, products, or services contained on those websites that may be reached through links from the TPO’s social media pages. The following policy is regarding how to administer the Miami-Dade TPO social media pages:
The following information will be posted on applicable social media pages:
- TPO Governing Board meetings and agendas
- TPO Governing Board member changes
- Citizen committee meeting dates and agendas
- Information as it relates to the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP), and Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP)
- Completed studies/projects
- Outreach event information and pictures
- Other information, as deemed appropriate by the Miami-Dade TPO Executive Director
- The Social Media Comment Policy is to be posted on all applicable pages.
- Any transportation planning related comment(s) received will be captured in the public involvement database and handled as dictated under “Documenting Activities and Correspondence” on Page 13 of the Public Participation Plan (PPP).
- Only other applicable government agencies and TPO Governing Board Members can be “Liked” or followed. No personal social media pages are to be “Liked” or followed.
The Miami-Dade TPO reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Back to Top Page Last Edited: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:59:47 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.